Thursday, September 3, 2015

A Beautiful Entry

I love decorating my own home but there are times that my husband and I have to compromise to create a style that we both love and the ideas aren't all my own style.  This blog is a creative outlet for all of the things that I love.  I love lots of different styles but mostly a refined rustic style with a touch of coastal chic.  I strive to decorate my home on a budget and these items are all pretty cost effective.




I love this entry.  A beautiful entry sets the mood for your home.  It lets guests know what they can expect to see throughout your home.  I love for my home to have a cohesive feel from room to room.  It, for me, is so much easier to decorate as I can move things from room to room and they still work.  

I love the wood work detail on the door, the wainscoting on the stairwell wall, the classic look of the stairwell and the beautiful hardwood floors.  What about that light fixture???  This is perfect. This picture from Benjamin Moore and the paint colors are spot on.  I prefer Benjamin Moore paints and love the quality and selection of colors. 
Go to www.benjaminmoore.com to see these and other paint color options.



Here are a few items that I found so that you can recreate the feel of this entry.  I would change out the rug to give a more coastal feel to the space. 

                                                                          entry pendant


I love this pendant light and really want it for my entry one day.



I found this tufted chair on One Kings Lane for a fraction of the price of popular retailers.



You just can't go wrong with a great basket and this one is only $49.97 from Amazon.





For a costal feel without kitsch a stripe rug is a must have.

  

Thanks for stopping by.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment