Friday, September 18, 2015

Kitchen inspiration

We are nearing the end of our kitchen renovation. Hooray!!! I am excited to finally show pictures.  Once it's complete I will do before and after pictures.  We did a complete kitchen remodel.  We took out everything but the floors.  We moved into this house a little over a year ago and decided to live with it as it was and with the space before we made any changes.  You really get a feel for you use the space.  We had an island in the middle of the kitchen.  The footprint didn't really allow for an island, the kitchen just didn't function all that well.  Every appliance that we opened up opened to the island and the space felt cramped.  We opted to remove the island to create a more spacious room.  I'm so glad we waited to do the remodel because when we bought the house we LOVED the fact that it had an island. We had never had one before.  Now I am so happy that it is gone.

We are going for a rustic, cottage, transitional space.  One must have...it needs to be light, bright and airy.  Oh and I want a farm sink and subway tile.

The process has been fun.  I love picking out all of the finishes and creating my dream space.

Here are a few pictures that have been my inspiration.













Happy Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment